We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is possible that confused hormones do a great deal of power. For example, they may mimic a psychiatric illness during breastfeeding."Roni is a three-week-old, very calm baby, she is developing well, no problem with her. Sensation. I'm tense, depressed, restless. Then I feel like I'm getting tired. I don't really know what to do. While breastfeeding, I almost certainly feel it, especially at the beginning, but sometimes between breastfeeding and depression. "
This is a letter from a fictional mother, but it could be real. After the publication of this article, you may become familiar with this strange state, which we have been familiar with mainly from the foreign literature. This is D-MER, that is Dysphoric Milk Ejection Reflex: the milk reflex is depressed.
A little biology
A great solution for nature. But unfortunately, it's not perfect. In some mothers, the jump in oxytocin levels is accompanied by a temporary decrease in dopamine levels. THE dopamine is a brain substance that significantly influences our mood. If it suddenly begins to decline, we will be depressed. For each breastfeeding in the case of D-MER. In addition, when breastfeeding reflex is triggered, it is also during breast-feeding. For example, if you are breastfeeding, or if your breasts are full, if your baby is crying, or for no apparent reason.
It is not true that I do not want to breastfeed!
Separate or manage?Because in most cases, no light is at all, or it is considered postpartum depression (if not hysterical), medicine still cannot provide a clear, side-effect solution. However, the editors of www.d-mer.org suggest several methods.
- Stop milk overproduction - if you have too much milk. In case of excessively abundant milk, more and more severe milk reflux occurs. If you are milking regularly - for the sake of stocking, like another baby - gradually stop. Make just as much milk as your baby needs!
- Drink lots of fluids! D-MER is more common in a fluid-depleted state. Don't count on immediate effect, it will take a few days to charge your body!
- Fix your hormone balance! Take an omega-3 diet supplement or Sepia-containing homeopathic remedies, find an acupuncture doctor here.
- Sex only in the evening! Having sex with orgasms worsens the symptoms, as oxytocin levels continue to rise. It is better to breastfeed away from sex.
- Figyelemelterelйs. Read, watch, listen to music, or talk to someone while breastfeeding.
- Egyedьllйt. Some have just that. Anyone who does not want to bear the burden of having an older child, or just having a friend teach her that she is nervous about breastfeeding, should try to leave her for as long as she feeds the little one.
- Reduce stress! It's easy to say ... If you can't eliminate the causes of stress, at least exercise, dance or relax ...
- Don't drink coffee! If you do not want to leave it completely, reduce your dose.
- Show this article to everyonewho is calling to know what you are doing several times a day. They can help so much more.
If you are overwhelmed by the fear of breastfeeding, talk to your lactation counselor before you divorce your baby. Х It can continue to help you and your separation.